Do you want the selected post to appear on the top of your Blog? One of the best practices to place the important post at the beginning is by using Sticky posts. So, here we provide the details about How to make WordPress Sticky Posts?
What is a Sticky Post in WordPress?
When you publish a new article, the existing article goes down and even not available on the front page. This issue makes the bloggers worry because
- The article traffic reduces
- SEO ranking for the article decreases.
Hence Sticky posts WordPress was introduced either as a built-in feature or by installing the WordPress Sticky Post Plugin.
Sticky Post is nothing but a Blog post that stays at the beginning of your Blog’s main page even if other posts are published after that post. For example, Company website contains About us, Contact us, Careers, etc. at the top of the page. These are Sticky Posts or Sticky Page. Like this, important posts will be made as Sticky to attain a large traffic.
How to make Posts Sticky?
Creating WordPress Sticky Posts is a simple and easy process and doesn’t take more than few seconds. The step by step procedure for creating the Sticky posts is…….
- Login to the WordPress admin panel.
- Click on the Posts>>Add New.
- Look at the right side on the dashboard; there you see an option called Visibility.
- Click on the Edit option beside the visibility.
- There you find ‘Sticky this page t0 the front page‘ option.
- Check that box to make the post-Sticky.
- Follow the same process for making the existing post sticky.
If you want to stop the post Sticking, just go back to the post and untick the same option. Similarly, you can create Sticky posts for different categories.
WordPress Sticky Posts: For Categories
You can also create Sticky posts for different categories. For this purpose, a Category Sticky Plugin is used. The procedure for installing the plugin is as follows:
- Open the WordPress admin panel
- Click on the Plugins>>Add new
- Search the Category Sticky Plugin using the search box.
- The search shows the available plugins list. Choose the appropriate Plugin and click install.
- When the Plugin is installed, it generates a success message.
- Click on the Activate Plugin
Redirect to your post, WordPress Sticky menu contains category Sticky option is available on the right-hand side in the post.
If you want to Unsticky the post, check the box beside the Hide Sticky Post Border.
As we know, when we publish new articles the old articles are pushed down. This is undesirable all the time. Hence WorPress Sticky posts are introduced to place the most important posts at the top of the Blog main page. Even you can do it for category pages as well. Install the plugin and do it as you like.